TEC Equipment constantly strives to provide our customers with the best in the industry; that’s why we value our partnerships with Mack and Volvo so much. The development teams work closely with their customers to drive new technologies and advancements that meet the customers’ needs. One of these technologies is Adaptive Loading which maximizes efficiency and performance. It’s the first fully integrated 6×2 lift-able axle from an OEM. It provides you five different advantages over other technologies.
- Coupling: Lift the trailer a full two inches above normal ride height with just the flip of a switch. This makes it easier to raise the landing gear, giving you a quicker takeoff.
- Loading and Unloading: Basic Traction automatically stabilizes your trailer during loading and unloading. This improves handling and extends the life of your components.
- Empty Trailer: When your trailer is empty, the lift axle automatically raises, giving your 6×2 the fuel efficiency of a 4×2.
- Enhanced Traction: Enhanced Traction provides optimized startability and automated grip and safety in steep grades or harsh conditions.
- Diminishing Load: Automatically transfer the majority of cargo weight to the drive axle to provide better fuel efficiency and improve tire wear.
In test drives conducted by Mack and Volvo customers, drivers reported better traction in poor weather conditions like snow or rain than traditional 6×2 configurations. With just a push of a button, you can raise or lower the front tandem to get the most traction.
Drivers also reported superior handling, especially when empty. Raising the axle when empty shifts more weight to the steer axle and creates a longer wheelbase for better driveability and a smoother ride.
All of these features, available with Adaptive Loading, mean easier, faster, safer and more efficient work, whatever the load, whatever the terrain.
Ready to see the benefits of Adaptive Loading? Contact our leasing team to learn more.