The Hino 258ALP provides a low profile platform ideally suited to a number of vocations in urban environments. But the 258ALP advantages don’t stop there; the “A’ designation stands for Air Brakes. So the 258ALP provides all of the benefits of the 258LP, with the added performance and stability of an air brake system.
- STD Hino J08E-WU
Max. output 2,500 (SAE Gross)
Max. torque 1,500 (SAE Gross)
- 520 lb.-ft.
- Diesel 4 cycle, 6-cylinder in-line watercooled, dry cylinder liners
- Common rail, direct injection type (Denso)
Bore and Stroke
- 4.41 x 5.12 in.
Powertrain and Performance
- Allison Six speed automatic with Fuelsense 2.0
- Straight C channel
Yield strength (PSI)
- STD – 80,000
Resisting bending moment (One side, no reinforcement) in. -lbs.
- MFS-10 series reverse Elliot, "I" beam (oil lubricated)
- Taper-leaf springs with shock absorbers
- MS21-14X, full floating, single reduction, single-speed, hypoid gearing
- STD Spring Semi-elliptic main
- Steel 19.5X7.5 10-stud disc powder coated white
- 245/70R19.5-16(BS), Fr-Rib, Rr-All Season
- Full air, dual circuit, "S" cam type, leading & trailing shoes with automatic adjustment
- Electric-pneumatic with valve in exhaust pipe
- Spring brake chamber (rear axle) with SR-7 emergency brake system
Why Owners Love Hino Trucks
- STD – 5 years/250,000 miles
- OPT – Preventive care extension
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- Telematics by Verizon: STD 1 Year
- Remote Diagnostics: STD 5 Years
- Case Management: STD 5 Years