The Hino 268 continues to deliver the best real world advantages in the industry to truck drivers and fleet owners. In fact, the 268 has earned the reputation of providing the lowest cost of ownership in its class. The outstanding fuel economy, proven reliability and strong residual value make the 268 the ideal truck for pick up and delivery, lease/rental and moving operations.
- STD Hino J08E-WU
Max. output 2,500 (SAE Gross)
Max. torque 1,500 (SAE Gross)
- 520 lb.-ft.
- Diesel 4 cycle, 6-cylinder in-line watercooled, dry cylinder liners
- Common rail, direct injection type (Denso)
Bore and Stroke
- 4.41 x 5.12 in.
Powertrain and Performance
- STD-2200HS, OPT-2200RDS
- Allison Six speed automatic with Fuelsense 2.0
- Straight C channel
Yield strength (PSI)
Resisting bending moment (One side, no reinforcement) in. -lbs.
- MFS-10 series reverse Elliot, "I" beam (oil lubricated)
- Taper-leaf springs with shock absorbers
- MS19-14X, full floating, single reduction, single-speed, hypoid gearing
- STD Spring Semi-elliptic main
- Steel 22.5X8.25 10-stud disc powder coated white
- STD 11R22.5-14, Fr-Rib, Rr-All Season
- Hydraulic system with disc brake for front and rear wheels
- Electric-pneumatic with valve in exhaust pipe
- Lever control with cable, internal expanding drum type
Why Owners Love Hino Trucks
- STD – 5 years/250,000 miles
- OPT – 7 years/150,000 miles
- OPT – Preventive care extension
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- Telematics by Verizon: STD 1 Year
- Remote Diagnostics: STD 5 Years
- Case Management: STD 5 Years