The Isuzu NPR HD is one of the standout trucks in Isuzu’s medium-duty truck lineup. Available in a gas or diesel configuration, with multiple engine options: two diesel and one gas with CNG/LPG capability. The NPR HD leads the pack with a versatile setup, excellent fuel efficiency, and more.
The N Series has two different diesel engine options. Test drive an Isuzu N series today to learn more about this versatile medium-duty truck. Isuzu offers a wide range of cabs, wheelbases, GVWRs and power plants to meet your medium-duty trucks needs, no matter what they are. Isuzu provides a superior trucking experience at a cost that is affordable. With the Isuzu NPR, you can feel confident that no matter what, you’re in the best value mid-size truck around.
Available with both a gas and diesel engine.
The Isuzu NPR HD’s low cab forward design allows for more cargo space available for the body. It also gives you easier access to the engine compartment thanks to Isuzu’s innovative tilt-cab design. When you’re driving in the city, you’ll appreciate it’s remarkable maneuverability with 49.5 degree wheel-cut angle for tighter turning , and driver-friendly entry and exit with 85 degree door swing, grab handles, and entry step.
The NPR HD is versatile, with chassis configurations that can handle truck bodies between 10 and 24 feet.
Interested in learning more? Click below to get in touch with our sales team who can find you the Isuzu NPR HD you’re looking for. Our Isuzu sales teams are well versed in all models of Isuzu trucks.
Isuzu NPR HD Specs
Below are the specifications of both the gas and diesel versions of of the NPR HD, including engine specs, payload allowances, transmission and more.
- 14,500/20,500 lbs.
- Gas – 8,977-9,174 lbs.
- Diesel – 8,339-8,536 lbs.
- Gas – 6,630 lbs./11,020 lbs.
- Diesel – 5,360 lbs./9,880 lbs.
FRONT AXLE CAPACITY
- 6,830 lbs.
REAR AXLE CAPACITY
- 11,020 lbs.
REAR AXLE CAPACITY – Ratio
- Gas – 4.3
- Diesel – 4.555
SUSPENSION F/R SPRINGS
SUSPENSION F/R SPRINGS – Capacity
- Gas – 8,440/12,900 lbs
- Diesel – 6,830/9,880 lbs.
Frame – Section Modulus
- 7.20 in.3
Frame – Resistance Bending Moment
- 316,800 lb.-in.
- Vacuum/Hydraulic with 4-Channel ABS
SERVICE BRAKES – Front/Rear
- Gas – Disc/Drum
- Diesel – Standard
- Gas – 6L90 6-speed auto. With double overdrive and lock-up converter
- Diesel – Aisin A465 6-speed auto. with double overdrive and lock-up 2nd-6th gears
- Gas – GMPT L96 (Gen IV) V8 Vortec 6000 (Optional: KL8-Alternative Fuel Capable Engine)
- Diesel – Isuzu 4HK1-TC turbocharged intercooled diesel
- Gas – 6.0L (365 in.3)
- Diesel – 5.2L (317 in.3)
- Gas – 297hp @ 4,300 rpm
- Diesel – 215hp @ 2,500 rpm
- Gas – 372 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm
- Diesel – 452 lb.-ft. @ 1,850 rpm
Engine Oil Level Indicator
- Diesel – Dash-mounted oil level check switch and light
LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
- Gas – 145-amp
- Diesel – 140-amp
- Gas – 1 Maintenance-Free 750-CCA
- Diesel – 2 Maintenance-Free 750-CCA
TIRES LRR (Low Rolling Resistance)
- Gas – 225/70R19.5G (14-pr) Standard
- Diesel – 215/85R16E (10-pr) Standard
- Integral Hydraulic Power
- Tilt and Telescopic
- Gas – 30 gal. in-frame
- Diesel – 30 gal. in-rail
- Diesel – Dual fuel filter with dash mounted indicator light