No matter the conditions, Jerr-Dan’s best-in-class carriers can get the job done. Available with an aluminum or steel deck, all Jerr-Dan carriers come standard with their innovative No-Lube technology, saving time and money on maintenance.
And don’t let size limit your business. Jerr-Dan carriers are available as standard-duty, medium-duty or heavy-duty, all with the stability and rapid hydraulics to get you onto the next call.
The Jerr-Dan 6 Ton XLP series has a load angle as low as 7.5 degrees, while a conventional deck produces a load angle as low as 10.0 degrees. Available with 21′ and 22′ aluminum decks, including dual-angle models.
The XLP-6 features a low-profile subframe that lowers the deck height above the frame rail and provides greatly improved load angles. All 6 Ton XLP models have a 12,000 lb. structural deck capacity and can be equipped with a 3,500 lb. wheel lift for extra versatility. Our exclusive patented Galvanized Steel Beam Technology™ provides unparalleled strength compared to any aluminum carrier design in the industry.
Jerr-Dan Carrier Features
- Load angles as low as 7.5º (Achieved with dual-angle deck on air-ride chassis with airbags deflated)Available Side Recovery System
- Lowest maintenance carrier in the world, including No-Lube™ technology for slide pads and pivot joints
- Industry’s strongest aluminum beds featuring exclusive, patented Galvanized Steel Beam Technology™
- Dual Sided Manual Free Spool
- Industry’s strongest and most user-friendly SRS™ (Side Recovery System)
- Wireless remote with exclusive ARM™ (Actuated Remote Mechanism) system
- LED emergency lighting
- Multiple work light mounting locations
- 36″, 48″, 60″ & 78″ toolboxes, storage trays and baskets
- Automatic throttle-up on-demand (subject to chassis configuration)
- Galvanized subframe and wheel lift components
Jerr-Dan Carrier Specifications
Deck Structural Capacity
- 12,000 lbs.
- 96", 102"
Available Deck Styles
- Conventional or dual angle
- Extruded 6061-T6 decking
- Fixed or removable blade side rails
Winch (worm gear)
- 8,000 lbs.—3/8" x 56' wire rope
- 10,000 lbs.—7/16" x 56' wire rope
Wheel Lift Capacity
- 3,500 lbs.
- 10,000 lbs.
Maximum Extended Reach
Ground Approach Angle
Minimum RBM (Resisting Bending Moment)
- 1,000,000 in-lbs. (500,000 in-lbs. per frame rail)
Usable CA (Cab to Axle Centerline)
- 120"–132" (20' deck)
- 132"–144" (21' deck)
- 144"–156" (22' deck)
Optimal Load Angle Frame Height
Minimum GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating)
- With wheel lift 19,500 lbs. total (13,500 lbs. rear)
- Without wheel lift 15,000 lbs. total (11,000 lbs. rear)